Eckard’s Home Improvement is looking to hire someone to manage their Bethany, MO location.
Eckard’s is a 3rd generation owned and operated business that has been open since 1960. We value family family and community relationships.
We are looking to hire an individual that meets the following criteria:
- Lives locally, or is from the area
- Is willing to build community relationships i.e. becoming a member of the chamber, rotary, etc. and involved in community activities
- Has good listening, communication and problem solving skills
- Able to work alone and with off-site supervision
- Work as a team member
Job duties will include:
- Management of spray to day open to close retail home improvement store
- Oversight and rental of community hall
- Supervision of 2 employees
- Inventory and daily deposit control
- Building and ground maintenance
- Greeting and waiting on customers
- Selling floor covering, kitchen and bath products
- Estimating and bidding projects
- Scheduling and oversight of installation
- Meeting with sales reps
- Familiarity with personnel procedures
- Meetings with managers and sales people at other locations for training
This is a salaried position with profit sharing option. Store is open Monday through Friday and half a day on Saturday. Standard holidays off. Health insurance available after 90 days, supplemental insurance also offered. Must have valid drivers license and be able to pass a drug test.
We will be following up with applicants who have previous experience in sales and/or management and meet the criteria above only. Please message with any questions.